Oh 2016, you weren't all plain sailing were you! It's been a tumultuous year around the world, but for me, it's been a good one. It's become a little tradition on my blog to list my favourite moments, big and small, so here are some of my personal highlights. .
1. I got married. No biggie! It was magical and I wish I could do it all over again.
2. My husband and I went on the most amazing honeymoon - I got to visit New York , a place I've wanted to go to in forever, and Hawaii, which has always been top of Rich's list.
3. My sister had a baby boy who is THE cutest (no bias, 100% fact), chubbiest little squidge ever. We celebrated his safe arrival with champagne, cider and tears and it was such a lovely evening. He's on my Instagram if you want to take a peek!
4. It was a great year for babies in general - my brother and sister in law had a lovely little piglet too, as did two of my friends. Another one of my pals is due next year - how exciting!
5. I went in a helicopter for the first time, over an active volcano no less, which was mostly fun and only 1% scary.
6. I started volunteering weekly with the Guiding Association, helping out with my local Brownie and Guide units. The girls are funny, cute and interesting and I get to indulge my love of craft for free! It is such a rewarding experience. This what happened when we mixed guides & glitter. Clearing up that night was fun...
8. Moving back to Bristol, I've become much more involved in the Bristol blogging scene, attending events and making new blogging pals! I hope this continues in 2017.
9. I visited Stockholm and it was the perfect city break.
10. My sisters, best friends and I went to Newcastle to celebrate my hen do. I was dressed up as Michael Jackson and we learned the dance to thriller, there was a Faye based pub quiz with 4 rounds about me (sounds incredibly narcissistic but it was hilaire) and I laughed until I shook silently (which is mine and my friend Vikki's signature move). It was the most fun.
11. I started driving lessons. As a person with zero spacial awareness (I frequently walk into my kitchen table) and a sense of direction so poor I have convinced my husband I have a genuine condition, this is a big thing for me! There have been tears but I feel like I'm making progress. Fingers crossed!
12. My friend Lauren, who knows ALL the good restaurants, took me to Cookies and Scream which is a vegan bakery in London and I had the best cookie pie concoction known to man, vegan or non-vegan. She also took me to Bone Daddies to have my first Ramen.
13. I turned the big 3-0! I was debating having a big party but something about having my hen do and wedding in the same year put me off! I ended up celebrating in a few different low key ways - a hotel/spa day with Rich, a night out with one of my closest pals and a lovely afternoon tea/pampering day then out out, organised by another two of my besties.
14. I went to see two of my favourite comedians, Elis James and John Robins, who went on tour with a live version of their podcast. I was in fits and it was one of my favourite nights of the year.
15. Rich and I spent a day in Legoland with my sister in law and her family to celebrate our nephew's 6th birthday. As we were leaving our nephew ran back to give us one last hug. It made my heart ache - I bloody love those little rascals!
16. Last but not least, 2016 was the year I went big on the Espresso Martini. It is the drink of queens.
Pics all from Snapchat (iwishicouldwink)!