Warning- this post does not contain many exciting pictures and mostly consists of me rambling!
2. Spend money on things I really love, don't waste money on things that seem cheap but I never wear. I would much rather get a more expensive pair of boots I wear with everything than 10 crap things from Primark that I hate in a month. That's not to say I don't love a bit of Primark- but in moderation!
3. Go out of my comfort zone more often- at the weekend I tend to dress more comfortably (read boring). Although I'm not going to start wearing 6 inch heels to pick up some milk, I have loads of stuff in my wardrobe I love that hardly ever gets an outing because in my head it is 'night out' clothing. So I plan to mix it up a bit more. If Anna Dello Russo can wear this to pop to Morrison's why can't I:
Haha not quite but you get the idea!
- Invest in some more high end make up. I think chemist brands are great for some things ( Rimmel Wake Up Concealer I'm looking at you) but for products like foundation or blusher I think it makes sense to pay a bit more. Top of my list so far:
Nars Bronzer in Laguna
MAC Lipstick in Media
MAC Pro Long Wear Foundation
My aim is to look a bit more groomed. I do my hair and make up in the morning and it looks acceptable in my bedroom mirror- then I walk to the tube station, get into a sweaty mess and by 2pm my make up is halfway down my face! Reapplying throughout the day would also help with this one.
2. Get my hair cut more often- I put this off and put this off constantly. I think it's hard to find a great hairdresser - a lot of them just half listen to you or suggest something that doesn't suit you, then charge you £40 for the privilege. I've also been threatening to get my hair cut a bit shorter for aaages, so maybe this year I will take the plunge.
1. Do some volunteering. I have been harping on about this for ages but never got round to it so this year I need to do something about it. I would love to help out at a museum/art gallery/exhibition or something relating to fashion.
2. GO ON HOLIDAY. I didn't go on holiday last year and it made me very sad. I definitely want at least a week somewhere hot this year. Hopefully a few little European/British long weekends away too, what with Groupon et al and their ker-azy deals.
3. Continue blogging. During the tail end of last year I started blogging a lot more and I've been enjoying it. I love receiving and replying to comments and seeing my followers increase is really exciting. I need to get some business cards made ASAP and am going to look into teaching myself Photoshop/basic HTML to prettify my layout.
Fingers crossed I can achieve at least half of these. Happy New Year everyone!
All images from Google